On 1 October 2021 accadmin.hszk.bme.hu service registration site will be shut down, affecting the following services:
Services and authentication methods recommended above are available already.
- Server ural2 will be shut down, students’ @hszk.bme.hu mailboxes will be deleted. Please use Microsoft365 instead. You can subscribe to M365 at Címtár user administration site. M365 comes with an @edu.bme.hu mailbox.
- Instead of Wifi network "BME" (the one that works by MAC address registration) please use "eduroam" with your firstname.lastname@example.org format eduID. Information on setting up eduroam can be found here.
- VPN should be used with eduID too, instead of BMENET user ID. Information on VPN can be found here.
Phase out schedule of old services and authentication methods:
Immediate BMENET ID removal can be requested at email@example.com in case the password got compromised.
- Student login will be disabled on server ural2 after 1 October 2021. E-mail messages to @hszk.bme.hu mailboxes will be rejected with error code "user unknown".
- Wifi can be used with MAC addresses registered before and with existing BMENET user IDs until 24 December 2021. Registered MAC addresses and passwords of BMENET IDs cannot be modified after 1 October 2021. If you forgot your password or your MAC address changed, then please use eduID instead.
- VPN can be used with existing BMENET user IDs until 24 December 2021. BMENET ID passwords cannot be modified after 1 October 2021. If you forgot your password, then please use eduID instead.
Everything registered at accadmin.hszk.bme.hu will be deleted on 31 December 2021.
We wish you a smooth transition to M365, eduroam, and eduID.
Directorate of Informatics, BME